Reunion and Rainy Day

This weekend we made the long drive to Ohio.  “Long drive?” you say.  It’s only 4 hours.  Yes…. four LONG hours that make us NEVER want to travel again.   But wait.  Come Sunday, we got to pack back up and make that long drive again.  Lucky us.  

Actually the weekend itself was pretty good.  Both boys got spoiled.  AJ via lots of cuddles and baby talk.  Andrew via new shoes and sugar.   Lots of sugar.  If Papa is good for one thing … it’s giving Andrew sugar.  I don’t think he could have gotten much more wound up Saturday evening.

On Saturday night, I had my 10-year high school reunion.  And my husband deserves a great big fat gold star for going with me.  I wasn’t really sure what to expect and ended up really enjoying myself.  I caught myself chatting it up all evening with my girlfriends from high school, which just left Marc kind of just hanging there.  There was another husband there that he did get to chat with for a while, but I know that it wasn’t an evening he wishes to relive anytime soon.  But he was sweet and let me stay as long as I wished and didn’t give me too hard of a time about it (it didn’t help that other wives came without their husbands).  

Sunday morning, Dad and Marc went fishing.  Then we all met up for an open house for my cousin in the Navy.  From there we headed back up to Michigan.

Over the weekend, Andrew developed a slight cough.  Nothing major, but we did give him cough medicine in the middle of the night last night when he was having trouble sleeping.  This morning he acted just fine and I didn’t give it another thought.   However, once we got to daycare, he wouldn’t let me go and actually cried when I left to the point where his teacher had to kindly pry him away so I could go (I hated it).  I got called into the downtown campus today, so I worked a longer day and the kids where in daycare even longer.  When I left at the end of the day, I found out I had a voicemail from daycare.  They had moved Andrew to Rainy Day less than an hour after I dropped him off.  He was coughing constantly (some sneezing, not eating and feeling crummy).  Great.   But this evening, he seemed fine.  We gave him some more cough medicine and sent him to bed early.  We will see what tomorrow brings.

This week is looking a little busy.  Lots to do.  Ok… time to go to bed.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s