I remembered this weekend that AJ was due a second flu shot and third rotovirus vaccine. I wanted to get these in before we left for Thanksgiving since traveling and being around a lot of people would make him more susceptable to bugs. I took him in yesterday for a routine in-and-out visit and decided on a hunch (thank you God) to have a doctor check his ears while there. Sure enough, my happy boy snuck in an ear infection when we weren’t looking. I would have never taken him in if not for the vaccines since he really wasn’t showing any signs of trouble. He did play with his ear a bit for a last couple days but I thought maybe he just ‘discovered’ he had two soft little flaps on the side of his head.
Anyway, the doc said it was minor, but we got meds anyway. If we were going to be home, I might be tempted to see if it cleared up on it’s own before giving the antibiotic since he really seems to be feeling fine. But with us traveling in the car a total of 16 (or more) in the next 4 days, I am going to go ahead and push the meds. First real illness in 7 1/2 months and he’s not really crabby? I guess I can’t complain.