Andrew (and family) has survived the first week of school. And get this… the kid was bummed out this morning because it was Saturday and he couldn’t go to kindergarten today.
Oh wait… you mean, tomorrow is Sunday and I can’t go then either??? I have to wait all the way until Monday before I can go back? THE HORROR!
I think that’s a good thing, right?
So after last Wednesday morning, I decide that on Thursday morning I would walk him in one more time. I wanted him to get another feel for the craziness that is “before school playground time“. However, in order not to stand out there so long, we left a little later. Too late. We got there at 7:55… early enough for school, but too late for playground time. This, I think, would be the ideal time to arrive in general, but since the whole point of me walking him in was to experience the playground again, we were too late.
- He’s sits at the Green Triangle table.
- He loves snack time.
- He likes to play pirates during recess with two friends, but he can never remember their names.
- He’s already had music class and gym class.
- He already had picture day. AJ, possibly as an act of revenge, pelted him with a toy in the tub the night before… so we’ll see if the picture show the bruise on his cheek… at least I’m confident his shirt was on the right way.
- He already has his first fundraiser… a Walk-A-Thon.
- I’m already signed up to volunteer at his school next week and bake for a Fall Festival Party.
- He has his first homework assignment. (A big yellow sun was sent home and he has until Tuesday to decorate it with pictures, drawings, stickers, magazine cut-outs, etc… of what he did this summer.) It will be hung in the hallway for the whole school to see.
- We might be carpooling with another family on the short term basis until the official school carpool list gets released and we can both find better options.
- The pick-up system is still a little rough… hoping parents get their act together this next week